Friday, December 4, 2009

good bye to old friends








my first car was an '82 volkswagen vanagon that my folks bought me back in high school. man i loved that thing. drove it up and down the coast a few times, up to the mountains more often than not, and then the motor caught fire. i should have known right then and there that this was a bad idea. volkswagen addiction. something about the "peoples car" that has always sucked me in.a couple vanagons and many others later.......
until this toyota truck i bought last month, i had never owned anything other than volkswagen or audi. last night i sold my passat wagon. this thing was huge for me. it was the first time i had owned a car that was relatively new. had power windows that worked most of the time. heated seats, etc. it was also the first one in years that i didnt spend a crap ton of money modifying, besides the $2200 in suspension and wheels i put on it.
i am sad to see her go, but i know i will move on and get something else sooner or later, maybe another bug. we still have the audi wagon, and the '78, so i dont feel totally naked.
here are a few of my past rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment