Tuesday, September 29, 2009

summers gone.


this summed up much of my summer. spending days, what seemed like many days, at qwest or starfire with the fischer-linnetts. dalton, cinni and chris are in london now and amelia is in hong kong. this family made a huge difference in my team and our lives.
we miss you all much. enjoy your time, but come home soon.
the sounders and our team need you back.
this summer was pretty amazing. sounders games and climbing dominated my time. but now that we are back in season and MY time is eclipsed by others time, i realize how important it is to take time for yourself. for me it was very important to take ME time this summer and work on what makes me enjoy life. since 2005 i had worked for USAC and the US national team as one of the coaches. we built a great, consistent program. it was a little scary to step away. but the minute i did, a huge weight was lifted. i actually had that time, for me, for my family, and for what was important to me. it allowed me to become selfish, which i learned years ago, is important, to a degree. my selfishness has allowed me some focus. my selfishness has allowed me some a connection with something i needed. my selfishness allowed me to be better for others.
the rain came today pretty hard, it got me thinking about these things and what it is going to take to keep this feeling rolling. i hope to keep this focus, while not letting the team and what i do slip. but my climbing is what is driving me right now, and hopefully that will translate to the team.

No comments:

Post a Comment