Thursday, March 18, 2010

wife bike


so ive been trying to build my wife a bike for a while now. last summer i ordered a frame from the same folks i got my pink one from. it showed up and wasnt exactly what they said it was. first it wasnt drilled for brakes like they said it was. then the dropouts were for quick release. then the rear spacing was like 100mm. so i sent it back at my own expense. they said they would fix it. 2 months later i asked for a refund. long story short, this guy didnt refund me, moved back to mexico or wherever, and i was out about $300.
so last week i ordered this frame. much better. it showed up. and it cost me half the money. i already had most the parts laying around from other bikes ive built.
its an eigth inch scrambler 49 cm. i put bulletproof 165 cranks with a rocket 47t ring. 18t freewheel. premade alexrims. 28c randoneur front tire and 25c rear. brakes. old seat off my moms bike from the 70s. bbb upright stem. pink oury grips.
all budget. she loves it, and we are gonna have fun this summer riding around.

No comments:

Post a Comment