Sunday, October 11, 2009

BLACK ICE


jake and i headed out to little si today. it was freezing, so of course the rock was good. we were the only ones there besides a couple guys who bailed cuz it was cold. then tom and chris came up to try techno again.
ive been feeling good lately, but i hadnt been out since last weekend, and really start to get paranoid about my fitness when i dont climb often. the gym is not cutting it motivation wise, but i guess it is doing its job.
i wanted to try black ice (13B). a few years ago i went up on it with dr evil (kubiak) belaying me. he gave me consistent 30 foot whippers while i was working the moves. to say the least, it sucked,his beta sucked, and it really unnerved me and made me never want to get on it again.screw you erik.
for some reason i wanted to get on it again today. jake had killer beta and belayed me for the first go. it went pretty quick i guess, but i for sure sat and dialed from bolt to bolt.
then i did it next go.
great route, great moves. for sure it makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment