Thursday, October 22, 2009

my Opa's 90th birthday

spent this last weekend in chicago celebrating my Opa's 90th birthday with most of our family.
it was wonderful. he did not know this was happening. so when 34 people, most of which were family came to party with him at his favorite restaurant the dragon inn north, it brought him to tears.
my wife, my brothers, my mom, my new nephew, cousins, aunts, uncles, the wives, husbands, long time family friends, you get the picture.
last winter my Oma passed away. she was the matriarch of the family. the queen of Opa's world. it has been hard for him, hard for us. but times like this last weekend make it easier. he was very thankful, but most importantly, i think we all were realizing how lucky we were to have had him and Oma to start this wonderful family years ago. thank you Opa, and happy birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment